THE BUSINESS TAILOR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
1. The Business Tailor LLP (“The Business Tailor”, “We” or “Our”) respects your privacy and understands that your personal data is important to you. This Personal Data Protection Policy sets out how we comply with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (“the PDPA”).
2. This Personal Data Protection Policy applies to https://www.thebusinesstailor.com.sg/ and websites of our affiliates, unless the websites of our affiliates separately provide for their own respective personal data protection policies.
3. We will post on its website at https://www.thebusinesstailor.com.sg/ any changes to this Personal Data Protection Policy with the effective date of the revised policy, so as to ensure that you are kept up to date on the way we collect, use and disclose your personal data.
4. We may use “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
5. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
6. To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
7. This site may contain links to websites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
(I) Existing Data
8. For the avoidance of doubt, we will continue to use personal data that has been collected before the data protection provisions of the PDPA came into effect on 2 July 2014 for the purposes for which the personal data was collected, unless the individual has withdrawn consent. For personal data collected after 2 July 2014, we will notify and obtain the individual’s consent to the collection, use and disclosure of his or her personal data.
(II) Purposes of Data Collection
9. As defined in the PDPA, “personal data” refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access. This includes unique identifiers (NRIC number, passport number) as well as any set of data (e.g. name, age, address, telephone number, occupation etc.), which when taken together would be able to identify the individual.
10. We may from time to time collect personal data from individuals for purposes which include (but not limited to) the following:
10.1. Processing enquiries – if you make a sales enquiry or request for certain information, your personal data may be required.
11. When you interact with our website, we may collect information on your IP address, your web browser and device, your interactions with our website as well as your location information (broadly referred to as “usage data”). The collection of such usage data is for the purpose of allowing us to analyse the usage of our website so as to improve your online experience with us. However, such usage data does not cause an individual to be identified and is therefore not “personal data” for the purposes of the PDPA.
(III) Obtaining your Consent
12. Before we collect, use or disclose your personal data, we will notify you of the purpose and obtain your consent. Such consent will be validly obtained and may be either expressly given or deemed to have been given.
13. Each time an individual uses our website’s sales enquiry form and voluntarily provide his or her personal data, the individual is deemed to have consented to the collection, use or disclosure of his or her personal data by us for such purpose. We will not share with any unaffiliated third party any personal information the individual submits through its website, unless it is necessary to respond to the individual’s sales enquiry or to comply with applicable laws.
14. On giving reasonable notice to The Business Tailor, an individual may at any time withdraw any consent given or deemed to have been given, in respect of the collection, use or disclosure by us of personal data about the individual for any purpose.
(IV) Access and Correction of Personal Data
15. Under the PDPA, individuals have the right to obtain access and request corrections to their personal data held by organisations. As such, you have the right to check whether we hold your personal data and request for access to such personal data (subject to the exceptions in the PDPA).
16. An individual may also request for us to correct an error or omission in his or her personal data, upon which we may correct the personal data as soon as reasonably practicable.
(V) Care of Personal Data
17. In accordance with its obligations under the PDPA, we endeavour to ensure that personal data collected is accurate and complete and shall protect personal data in its possession or under its control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. While every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized use of such personal data and risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
18. We shall cease to retain personal data as soon as the purpose of collection is no longer served by the retention and when retention is no longer necessary for business or legal purposes.
(VI) Contacting Us
19. If you have any questions or feedback relating to your personal data or our Personal Data Protection Policy; or if would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out above; or if you would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
(VII) Governing Law
20. This Personal Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.